Love the smell of a new or freshly valeted car? It doesn’t last for long sadly and is soon replaced by the musty odours of daily life! Never fear, there are plenty of tips and simple maintenance you can follow to keep your car smelling as fresh as a daisy.
- Keep your car clean
It’s easier to keep your car clean than to get rid of stubborn odours so taker preventative action and don’t leave things in your car that could cause bad smells. Immediately remove any rubbish, food, takeaway cartons, laundry or any other objects that could get whiffy. Have a portable rubbish bag or container in your car or get into the habit of removing all items after every trip. You’ll want to keep it nice, especially if it’s a lease. For Car Leasing Leicester, visit https://leasing.totalmotion.co.uk/
- Avoid Smoking
If you’re a smoker, try to be good and not light up whilst driving or let your passengers smoke. Not only do you get ash everywhere and risk damaging your upholstery, but it will also leave a lingering and unpleasant odour.
- Keep the interior dry
Damp atmospheres can give off a musty smell so make sure you keep windows closed when it’s raining and always use floor mats for wet feet. An interior that gets wet or suffers from leaks can cause mould and mildew to accumulate which smells horrid and is bad for your health. It’s a good idea to use heavy-duty mats with a lipped edge to contain any debris and water from running onto the car’s flooring.
- Avoid Spills
When you have a new car it’s normal to ban food and drink but as time goes on this rule gets relaxed. To prevent sticky accidents, use spill-proof cups for your car’s cupholders. This saves you the headache of cleaning up spills from the mats, upholstery or the inside of the cupholders.
- Use Pet Carriers
If you need to travel with a pet, be sure to keep them secure in their carrier. Any pet hair or accidental messes can then be kept confined to the carrier and not all over your upholstery.
The cleanest vehicle in the world can still occasionally suffer from the odd whiff. Whether it’s just dirt, sweat or pet smells – here are some ways to keep things sweet:
- Have an air freshener all the time, ideally one that neutralises odours without just masking them.
- Use a vacuum regularly to rid the carpet and upholstery of anything that could be lurking.
- Shake out the floor mats at least once a week. Vinyl mats can be hand washed or hosed down with. Some fabric mats can even be put in the washing machine. You can also spray them with a fabric cleaner and give them a wipe down, making sure they are completely dry before replacing.
- Dashboards can get grubby too and you can buy special cleaners for these from most DIY and car shops. Don’t forget the steering wheel as well, especially if multiple people have been using the vehicle.
- You can also use a carpet deodoriser or baking soda on the flooring, leaving for 10 minutes and then vacuuming up.
Are you wondering if it is worth getting yourself? Here we g...
When is the time to hire staff in the company? Here are thre...
I always thought that to create your start-up, you always ha...
Riding a successful franchise can be an excellent alternativ...
Beyond the catwalks and exclusive parties, fashion is presen...
A hot dog business can be your passport to success, many ent...
If you are thinking about launching yourself into the busine...
For any profession, you need to take some education about it...